Tuesday, November 9, 2010

so whats the key?

okay I only have 5 minutes but there are just somethings I cannot seem to get out of my head. So bare with me as my thoughts spill out onto the this blog entry. Lately I have really come to realize that there is never going to be a time in our lives when things are easy. For the past few years I have for sure taken the sympathy card for hardest time in my life. Everyone always feeds me with support that this time when we as young adults, figuring out what we want to do in our lives, who we want to be and where we want to end up is the hardest time in our lives. BUT i beg to differ. I don't think there is ever a time in our lives when something is easy. As a child figuring out how to tie our shoes can be a quite daunting task that may have brought some of us to tears. Then there is the teenage years which heavens I was still deciding if being "cool" was important to me, moving onto college I mean WOW choosing a career? What could be harder? Then you graduate and life is great because you are finally making your own money to spend on clothes (that's an obvious for me) BUT then have to decide what is the right thing to be doing? Then comes marriage, for all I know it could be cake but lately I have come to find that even being married brings on its own different struggles. Then kids come into the picture and hello- GOODBYE thinking about yourself. And then somehow age catches up with you and you end up with physical ailments. SO what does all of this have in common? LIFE'S HARD! SO here is my question whats the key to happiness? How do you make it through all of this and enjoy the journey?

PS. in case some of you are wondering if I am mondo depressed or something? NOPE I am actually really happy in my life but the more people I talk to in different age brackets this is what I have come to fine!

4 comments:

Dave and Karlee Waddoups said...

Rachel, I know exactly what you mean. High School is hard? Try College! College is hard? Try working a career! Being married is hard? Try adding kids! Getting pregnant is hard? Try actually raising those kids!!....
When does it end and start to get easier? I don't think it ever does. Life is supposed to be a test. All I know is that trusting in the Lord makes it all seem like you're going through these things for a purpose. It doesn't make the tasks He asks you to do easier, it just makes them worth while. The key to happiness is accepting that life is hard, and enjoying the challenge. Taking life by the horns and wrestling around for a while. You might get hurt, but as long as you dust off and get back up, all is well.
Pray. Live. Love. Make mistakes. Grow. Smile.

I love you. :o)

Eva Padilla said...

Rachel! I am in touch with that emotion... Life is hard! But it is so so so so so beautiful all at the same time. It is the basic principle of opposition in all things. We wouldn't know the good if we didn't have the opposition! I love you Rach!

Ashley and TJ said...

Amen, amen, amen :)

Emily said...

I like you. I just wanted you to know that.