Sunday, August 15, 2010

the dreaded question

Every other day I usually get two questions thrown in my direction. TO be honest these are not exactly my favorite questions, in fact I absolutely hate them.

1. SO Rachel what are you doing with your life?
2. oh (thinking in there head...what a let down) so are you dating anyone?

First off I love the age that I am in. I really do. When I look back I can honestly say that I have been able to do some incredible things in my life. Lived in foreign countries, visited places, got a college degree, met some incredible people etc. I love it! BUT when some throws that #1 question at me I always feel like a let down. SO yeah I am kind of floating around, playing lots, making and spending lots of money and I don't have a plan. BUT do I need one? Should I know where I want to be in the next five years? Heck I am still deciding where I want to be in the next 4 months.

Is that so wrong that I haven't maped it out?

NO! I know I am a floater...I realize I am a person who is always looking for a change, seeing new places and meeting new people. I guess I have that blessing/curse of wanting to travel around the world. But by doing so am I totally putting those things that are "most important" on hold or in jeopardy?

SO just in case you were wondering what I was doing with my life? I have no idea...loving it everyday and always looking for someone to tell me!

I will now get off of my soap box.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Add to that:
Aren't you going on a mission?
Have you thought about going on a mission?
Why aren't you on a mission?
You should go on a mission.

Olivia. said...

It's okay! I think your life is exciting :) Plus Luke is totally a floater too

leigh said...

AMEN!!! i seriously loved this post and totally agree. super annoying. and i like kynzi's additions. ha. i miss you rachel! come visit me!

TPlayer said...

When people ask "What are you doing with your life?" ... I'd just answer by saying "Enjoying it!!" and leave it at that, with no further explanation. The awkward silence will make them realize they are dumb.

Ben and Ashley said...

That was a great post!! Stop by some time! I definitely need some of your fashion advice. I am starting to look like a really "frumpy" mom of three kids lately!